Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dressing up Jeans

Pink bow flats featured in Alt for Damern

Jeans are so versatile, but a lot of people shy away from the idea of dressing them up - myself included. To me, they're just sloppy weekend wear, but I'm working on changing my mind about that. Any suggestions to help me? Here's what I've figured out so far - it mightn't be big news to most people, but these tips will go far for any novices like me.

1. Nothing dresses up some ordinary jeans like a pair of pretty shoes, and a nice pair of heels will add instant glamour to any outfit!

Check out these Black Heels in the Online Store


2. Jeans and t-shirts are almost synonymous in my mind, but don't let yourself fall into that trap! A slinky top will take you from day to night in an instant. Pick something silky or sequined so that there's no way you'll feel under-dressed.

Try this Cream Silk Shirt


3. Accessorise, accessorise, accessorise! And choose wisely. When you're wearing a simple outfit, any embellishments will speak volumes, so use them to express yourself.
I think a bag is a great way to let your personality show through. Are you a little bit kooky? Try a fun, retro-style bag. Feeling classy? A classic black bag is the way to go.

Vintage-style bag

Chic black bag

So, with all that in mind, grab your favourite jeans and make them work for you!

No comments: