Friday, September 4, 2009

How to Wear Plaid for Autumn/Winter 2009

Next up in my series of 'how to wear this season's fashion trends' is one of my favourite things in the world — plaid. (I'm off to Scotland tomorrow, and the thought of this is maybe influencing me a little...)

We've oodles of plaid items coming up this winter season, so it was hard to pick just one to style. I think the long skirt won out solely because of its kookiness! I love the slightly 70s vibe it gives off, and the length is the perfect antidote for winter chills.

How to Wear Plaid

The most foolproof way to style plaid is to pick one of the colours featured in the checks, and choose solid-coloured items of the same shade to pair it with. I've picked black above and below, and I also did something similar with orange in a previous post.

How to Wear Plaid 2

If you like the outfits above, I've got some good news for you; you can nab the sweater in the first set and the boots in the second for a massive 70% off in the online store. The boots, which were €269, are just €80.70. And the sweater was €109, but is now a piddling €32.70. Grab 'em while you can!

How do you wear your plaid?

No comments: